Tag, I’m it???
It would appear that I have befallen the deadly tag monster and must now rattle off eight random facts about my puppet master. As anyone who truly knows me, I tend to be a rather quite person, yet I am seldom introspective, therefore I shall endeavor to do my best in this regard.
- I am extremely shy until one gets to know me. So shy that I have seldom attended parties or functions because I generally feel that I just don’t fit in or that people would not really be interested in what I have to say.
- I have, from childhood on, wanted to be an actor. Considering random fact number one, this would seem quite out of character. I don’t wish to do plays because I would be too nervous, but film or TV would be fine. Even as an extra or a bit part. I don’t care. I’m easy.
- In general, my SL persona is much like my RL persona. I don’t use SL to act out my inner personality, but rather to experience things that I cannot in RL. SL is merely another passtime within my RL. To that end, I’ve tried to make my avatar look much like I do in RL. It’s not perfect, but close. So close, that a friend’s wife saw my avatar and recognized me.
- I was once on a radio program about computers. The host of the show asked me to be a guest and we decided I would talk about hard drive technology… my specialty at the time. I was on air for a little over 15 minutes (my 15 minutes of fame) and the show ended up being their highest rated.
- I love cars. I wanted to be a mechanic until I realized how messy the job is and how cold a shop can get in winter, so I went to school to get a diploma in what I knew best: computer technology. I’ve never looked back, though some days I just want to be anything but an IT manager. ANYTHING!
- I’ve started to write books many times throughout my life. I can’t even count how many times. Each time, I’ve gotten bored with what I was writing and figured that if it doesn’t interest me, it won’t interest a reader. I have also been known to write poetry from time to time, but it tends to be rather dark and sad. That or silly and upbeat. Seldom in between. No, I’m not manic depressive, just quirky.
- I love old books. No, wait, I *LOVE* old books. I love the look, feel and smell of them. I love to read them, hold them and look at them. They are the most beautiful decoration and serve a purpose of telling us about knowlege or culture at a particular moment in time. I have a lot of them and always open my doors for books that others are unable to keep. If you are thinking of throwing them out, don’t. Donate them to charity, a school or give them to someone who is willing to give them a home. When I finally have a home large enough, I fully intend on having a well-stocked library. I’d probably never leave that room. Hmmm… perhaps I should have been a librarian.
- I am married to the most beautiful, wonderful woman on Earth. Every day, she brings a smile to my face and makes me happy to be alive. She is intelligent, witty, sweet, caring and exciting. She is my inspiration, my heart and my soul. I thank God that he brought her into my life and I try my best to make her as happy as she makes me. Of course, she has never tried SL and has no interest in it, so in SL I remain forever single. Only if she goes into SL will I ever become part of a couple.
The rules of the game:
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog
The rules for this tag thing are such that I am required to name 8 others that need to list 8 random facts of themselves. I would love to do this, but in perusing all the blogs of those people I know, it has become quite apparent that EVERYONE has already been tagged. Yes, I am late at entering the game. I suppose this is what happens when you travel and are quite ill. Besides, because of random fact #1, I feel awkward telling people I don’t know well to do this. Yes, I know, I’m just being silly, but that is the way I am. As such, I will not be tagging others. Sorry.